Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In the Bag

My original quest for a roomy, colorful rack trunk bag was so unsuccessful that I pounced on the first non-black one I could find.

It is great, but of course since purchasing it I've found a couple of intriguing options for my NEXT bag.

Terry Bikes' Juicy Rack Bag is adorable, unique, AND recycled. It doesn't have panniers, though, and I recently found them handy while trying to lug all my gear to soccer (I fit cleats, socks, shin guards, 3 bottles of water, wallet, bike lock, sunscreen and trail mix inside on Sunday).

And the Sherpani Vela, which is lovely, useful, and from a female cyclist-owned company...though sadly not being released until the spring.

My 2 Mile Challenge Update is...not as good as last week, despite a solid 30 miles of biking this weekend. I missed my commute all week (as well as Tuesday of this week) AND didn't even get to the store, so my numbers are way down. Only 34.12 miles.

It's not looking likely to hit that 400 miles, but maybe I can turn it around!

2 comments:

  1. Just FYI, my company does a team for the MS 150 between Houston and Austin in April.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, I'll say it again: you are a vile temptress! If you get any info about it, though, keep me in mind! Now that I've got home bases in both cities it'd be easier for me to do...

    ReplyDelete