Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Bike to Work Day!

There's a new crew in town, and that crew is the SpokesPeople. I have, unfortunately, missed every single one of their rides so far, but when I saw they had organized a "Bike to Work Day" event on Facebook, it was the kick in the pants I needed.

This brings the number of bike commuters at work to three, possibly four (and how cute is that white cruiser, I ask you?), which I like to joke is all of us in town (according to the official report, Corpus Christi has 0% female bike commuters).

So last night I checked my lights, trunk, and tires and went to bed early so I could make my first ride from the new house.

It was muggy as all get out, but it made me remember how nice it is not to be stuck in my little gasoline-powered bubble. No A/C, no radio, just me and the waves and the birds.

It doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment