Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back from the Wars!

So. I've been MIA for a while.

It's been a busy year!

I shopped for and bought a house, moved, and changed jobs all within a few short months. I've also been planning a trip to Europe with family (and of course included a bicycle tour of Barcelona!).

One of the biggest selling features of my house? The garage.

Living in an apartment led me to the purchase of my delightful, folding Dahon Cadenza. A full sized bike that can fold up and be hidden in a closet? BRILLIANT!

My next place, a townhouse, had a patio that I initially planned to keep the bike on. Unfortunately it was a very WET patio, so the bike was moved inside under the stairs--and I bought a cruiser to keep it company.

But this house has an actual garage! I can pull my car in, the lawnmower, my bikes, garbage & recycle bins. I'm in the market for a bike lift to free up a bit of floor space, but all in all things fit rather well!

While my new house is a bit further out than the old places, it's still convenient to the nearest road with bike lanes (few and far between here in Corpus), and I can easily get to the grocery, etc. It'll be even easier once they finish up all the construction surrounding the new Wal-Mart, which apparently involves ripping up every road, sidewalk, and cross walk in a three mile radius. I'll be especially pleased if they add bike lanes to the street the Wal-Mart is on, though I kind of doubt it...

No comments:

Post a Comment