Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday on a Bike

Well, I didn't actually bike ON Black Friday...but I did this weekend! I did my Christmas shopping by bike, and what fun!

Picked up some garland and lights at the hardware store & took them home to decorate, then headed to the shopping center for some more goodies (somehow I seem to have only shopped for myself!), and ran back home.

I have to say, biking is way more pleasant than driving among the holiday crazies! I stuck to the back streets, used my signals, and enjoyed the cool weather (thankfully we got a cold front this week, so everyone's now in the Christmas mood). Even better, I didn't have to mess with traffic!
Gearing up for the season, I'm hoping for this adorable Nutcase helmet and will probably treat myself to the fantastic Dahon commuter that I keep rambling about.
Any fantastic new toys or tools on your Christmas lists?

2 comments:

  1. I live the Star Bright Helmet very much but have been thinking of getting the Daisy helmet. Just got the BikeNashbar catelog by the way, and the Eco 3 is on sale for $299. I know you wanted a different model but if your priority is a foldy, this would be a good compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I do love the foldies!

    ReplyDelete