Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Answering The Question

It happens a lot: I get out of work, change in to my cycling gear, and head outside only to have one of my coworkers stop me and ask in confusion: "Why do you ride your bike?"

There are plenty of reasons I shouldn't. It's hot. It's windy. It's dangerous.

But the simple answer is: I enjoy it. I get to watch the sun come up over the bay, listening to the birds singing and the steady thrum of my pedals and wheels. I get my blood pumping first thing in the morning, and start my day off with fresh air.

There are other reasons, of course. I do like saving money on gas. And I do feel like I'm doing something a little extra for the planet. And the hour or more of exercise isn't bad, either.

But for the most part, it's just FUN.

Isn't that really the BEST reason to do anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment